What To Expect In A Dog Grooming Spa
Posted on January 8, 2016 by guauAdmin No comments
What Will Your Dog Experience At the Dog Grooming Spa
When you think of a spa you know what to expect – luxurious pampering and being made to look and feel better than when you went in. What is a dog spa, though, and what does it have to do with dog grooming?
For some people (usually those who don’t own a dog) grooming involves a quick shampoo to remove unpleasant smells. In other words they are thinking of themselves, not the dog.
Getting rid of smells is important but professional dog groomers look after your dog in other ways including:
- Maintaining a healthy coat – free from matting so that its light, beautifully smooth to the touch, and looks fantastic
- Keeping skin healthy – your dog’s skin should be kept clean and it needs to breathe. Removing dead hairs, loose hairs, and dirt helps with this. We also use special shampoos, and treat your dog’s skin with moisturiser.
- Helping with shedding – sometimes dogs can shed hairs all year. This usually happens with dogs that live indoors. Grooming helps to keep your dog and your house cleaner and healthier.
- Removes dirt and allergens – allergens like dust and dander build up on your dog’s coat, as well as dirt. Grooming removes them which is healthier for your dog, and your family.
- Trims nails – dog’s nails must be kept trim to prevent injury and the development of long term conditions like arthritis.
A grooming spa goes even further, however, and is the ultimate in luxury for your four-legged friend. The sorts of treatments that you will find include:
- Reiki therapy
- Canine massage
- Blueberry facials
- “Pawdicures” (dog pedicures)
- Coat colour enhancements
- Whitening conditioning baths
- Tear stain treatments
- Fresh breath treatments
- Moisturising treatments
- Japanese style haircuts
- And more
Many spas also help you develop a nutrition programme for your dog, and offer specialist services like concierge services for dogs, and canine fine dining.
In other words a dog spa will look after the health and wellbeing of your dog, while also pampering them.
You must be logged in to post a comment.